Smoking process is not that easy guys. But getting to understand the right method is necessary. Then only you will be able to enjoy the right flavored and smoky meat. Some of the users make use of plant pulp, and for the smoke, either charcoal or wood chips are used.
Smoking is the method of flavoring, burning, and cooking food with the use of smoke generated by burning of mostly wood. For the smoking purpose, smoked wine or whiskey are also added to the food.
How to Use a BBQ Smoker
If you are all set to throw a BBQ party at your home, it is important for you to know the process. If it is not rightly prepared, then everything will go dull! So check out this simple guide on how to get the thing right, and kindly follow the processes in the same order. Let’s begin, then!
GET SET FOR SMOKING
You don’t have to get started with the BBQ Smoker initially. Before that, you have to prepare yourself and many other additional things. We have listed them below:
- First, you will need one Smoker; there are many types like the Electrical, Charcoal, etc. For fast processing, get one electric or gas smoker.
- Try running the smoker after you are done with the installation. This will help in removing any contaminants present within the unit.
- Get the wood chips or charcoal as the fuel source for your Smoker. While choosing the fuel, you need to check that the wood is not toxic.
- Next step is to fix a location of the smoker. It is always placed outside, and the place must be as such which does not pose any danger to anyone.
- Search out for the recipe based on what you are planning to cook. Then get the recipe for the marinade, and prepare it.
- After the marinade is prepared, apply it on the meat.
- Then place the meat pieces in a plastic or glass bowl. Keep this container overnight in the refrigerator, or also for one full day.
All these steps have to be performed before getting started with the BBQ Smoker.
Here we go! Get the Smoker all set! Because we are going to begin the Smoking process soon.
- We require the fuel first. So get the fuel you have bought, and then fill the fuel tank.
- If you are going to use the wood chips, add them in the smoking chamber. It is mainly used for adding the flavor thing. For example, if you have got water smoker then you can add some herbs in the water to bring that flavor in the meat.
- It is time to set the fire! During this step, you have to keep the lids of the chamber open, and then heat for about 20-30 minutes. Wait till the fire reaches 400°C, and then you have to add the woods to the smoker.
- You need to wait for some time till the system cools down a bit. The temperature must range between 180°-275°F, and this can be known by checking the reading on the temperature gauge if you have got one.
- Yay! Go for the meats now. Place the marinated pieces on the cooking grates carefully.
Now, next comes a small detailing on the timing information. Do not miss that!
TIME IS CRUCIAL
Time is one of the main elements, to be noted while working on any smoker.
- Make sure that you check the meat only once or twice during the smoking session.
- For 1 pound of meat, you need to cook the meat for approx. 1-1.5 hours.
- Keep rotating the meat every 2 to 3 hours.
- While you are rotating the meat pieces, try to apply the extra marinade on it.
- And finally, check the meat 1 hour before its actual scheduled time.
- Then carefully remove the meat from the smoker, if it looks done.
That’s all; you are set to rock the party now.
This was our guide on How to Use a BBQ Smoker, how was it? Share your experiences in the comment section below. And for regular updates, do a follow on Smokerify!